Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sea Life of Japan.....

Over the next few weeks, the sea of Japan will gradually begin to look like this.....


I sh*t you not. These evil, nasty (albeit rather beautiful in this picture) Jelly Dudes are in abundance now due to Japan's overfishing of the seas, thus resulting in a lack of predators to eat these little kiddos, meaning the beautiful warm sea is now a no go area. And when I say in abundance, they are EVERYWHERE.

So today I went to the aquarium! Shimonoseki has a great one, due to it's marine location, and look at some of these badgers....

Mr Crab and I became the best of friends, as we did our "Unda da Sea" dance for each other. He scored talons down. (he does have more legs after all, it makes for a rather impressive show).

Then my favourite:

Sigh. The penguins. They wouldn't let me take one home with me.

And these were rather beautiful:



Now don't get me wrong, I like Scarbrough Sea Life Centre very much, it has it's own little treats to offer after all, but a Japanese Aquarium somehow goes that little bit further. Forget the penguins, the dolphins, the Jelly Dudes; have you ever seen a crab THAT big in Scarbrough. Hell no. I rest my case.


And look how cool these seals were:


But then you should have seen how much fish they got fed. Supersize me? SEAL size me please. No wonder they oblige us simplistic humans with a bit of seal play, they get fed more than the Emperor of Japan.

No comments: