Monday, July 30, 2007

Japaniversary

Tomorrow is my Japaniversary,; a year ago tomorrow I arrived in the big bright city of Tokyo. Incredible really, that it's gone so fast. Here are some thoughts and changes after a year in Japan.

Cooked fish will never taste as good as raw fish.
English weather does not seem so bad anymore.
Mountains are majestic gods.
Japanese men a seriously fit.... but I still prefer European men.
Japan understands food, but Japan will never understand breakfast. (Here, breakfast is no different from lunch or dinner - fish, soup and rice.)
I love living by myself, but it feels indulgent.
I still haven't met a Yakuza.
I am slowly degenerating into alcoholism.
Siestas are now a normal part of my life, although the office doesn't know that, and thats how i want it to stay.
I am scared I won't know how to defend myself agains charvas anymore.
Apples here are easily 1.50 GBP.
Japanese is a beautiful language.
Foreign women in Japan begin slowly to lose their hair. None of us understand why.... some say there is something in the water.
I miss my friends with a constant ache.

No comments: