
I can only assume it is a whaling ship, due to the blatant lie spread across it in big white letters: RESEARCH. Thats how they get round the whole catching whales for human consumption. "Oh, but it's not for eating...?!?! Don't be silly now!!! We are researching whales for scientific purposes....." Is that right??? Then why the hell does it end up in my favourite sushi restaurant as a delicacy? (believe me, I don't touch it with a bargepole, and usually give anybody evils who picks it up.) You just didn't know what do do with it after you had researched it???
On Friday night I asked Wakako to drive up to it so that I could take some photos. As I was trying to get the best shot, this guy comes running up to us who has been sat in a nearby car on "look out". He demands that we immediately stop photographing the ship and leave. With no explanation as to why. Er.... alright then. So we get back in the car, and I tell Wakako to drive very slowly past it so I can try and get a better photo. As we are doing so, the guy obviously figures out we are still taking photos, because he starts to chase us. He actually starts to chase us, and also looks like he is getting other people involved in the chase that are close to the ship. Bloody hell! Does he think i'm Greenpeace or something?!?! I told Wakako to put her foot down, and we escaped.
Seriously dodgy.
2 comments:
This exact ship hit the British papers with a very similar photo as being a whaling ship leaving Shomonseki. It was pictured by Greenpeace and spotted by our very own Newcastle activist in Japan. Good chasing Collydog.
Will scan it the article from that bastion of British Journalism, The Metro, when I have a moment (which maybe after about mid 2009, sorry :)
Here is the link to thr article online
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=76149&in_page_id=34
I found out about this ship on the news paper tonight. yes! this is the Whaling Ship. It left here yesterday and is going to catch whales for "research".
kawaisou for whales...
Post a Comment