Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Lost in Translation

This week seriously could be lifted straight out of the film. Campaigning cars and vans driving around the city with the obnoxious but non-understandable japanese blaring out of fog horns. At 7.30am in the morning right outside my apartment. I am NOT impressed. I also accompanied Em to the "ladies clinic" for reasons you can probably guess at, and there I was sat in the waiting room playing Bill Murray sans the little dude to talk to me in Japanese, and Emily gliding in as Scarlett Johansan only not with a foot problem. The assistants were finding our lack of nihongo in trying to fill out the forms to simply request a morningu afteru pillu highly amusing.




Bless her.

Did I ever tell you the whole christmas cake thing? Girls, and I emphasise that - GIRLS, in this country, are called christmas cakes once they get to my age. Why? After the 25th, past their best!!!! Isn't that shocking? But sadly, it seems, in this country, true. So, Emily and I are christmas cakes. You know, it's easy to build up a bit of antipathy to this place once you live here a while.........

No comments: